Your children have spent this past year in school, developing their left-brain (logic and mathematics). Spend time this summer helping develop their right-brain, and let their creativity blossom just like the flowers around us. Being outside will give your family a better connection to nature and teach them invaluable lessons about life and themselves. Keep your child learning in the miraculous, creative, abundant classroom outside. Being outside in summer will give your family a better connection to nature and teach them invaluable lessons about life and themselves. Keep your child learning in the miraculous, creative, abundant classroom outside. Outdoor summer Eco therapy is about getting out and becoming active in a natural environment as a way of boosting mental and physical health.
Incorporate outdoor “Eco Therapy” into your summer with these tips:
- Walk. Take a walk in nature each day. Each day notice your senses coming alive. Immerse yourself in the trees, flowers, and healing sounds of nature.
- Birding. Take up birding with your family. Get some binoculars. Google birding and discover the vast amount of information. Get ready for a fun adventure.
- The zoo. Have your children choose their favorite animal and at home have them get online and learn as much as they can about this animal. You may have a budding Jane Goodall in your family.
- A garden. Plant a family vegetable garden in your backyard or neighborhood plot. Your children will learn to appreciate the foods they eat when thy realize the work and commitment a garden takes.
- Water. Try to play in water every chance you get. Plan to get to a swimming pool, lake, or a beach every two weeks. Even a sprinkler in your yard for the kids creates laughter, play, and memories.