Time is Almost Out!
The year is coming to a close and most of us are already looking forward to the new year. A new year is always more appealing than an old one, but that doesn’t mean we should waste this month by looking forward to the next. Instead of stumbling to the finish line, end the year strong by creating and completing your very own Mindful End-of-the-Year To-Do List.
Need some suggestions? Try these mindful end of the year tips listed below.
- Exercise. Was exercising part of your New Year’s resolution? Did you give up on it months ago? Now’s the time to pick those weights back up again! Go the gym or exercise in your own home. It doesn’t matter what you decide to do as long as you get moving. Even if you don’t reach your weight loss goals the extra workouts will be worth it.
- Read. If reading more books was a part of your New Year’s resolution you still have time to make a dent in your reading list. Every day set aside 30 minutes to an hour for reading. You can turn it into a nightly or morning ritual. You may not complete your reading goal, but you can still come close.
- Make a difference. Want to help change the world? With a few weeks left, you’ll have more than enough time to get the job done. December is the month of giving so now’s the time to get busy. Donate money to your favorite charities, volunteer at a local non-profit organization, donate your gently used items to those in need or join a local activist group. It doesn’t take much to make a positive change in the world.
- Find time for self-discovery. End the year with a little introspection and ask yourself some important questions. For instance, what are the greatest lessons that you have learned this year? How have you improved physically, mentally, or spiritually? You can also sit down and meditate for a while on the experiences you have endured over the past year. Through this process, you may discover that you’re a lot stronger than you thought you were.
- Try something new. If you’re really pressed for time during the holiday season try a simpler task. No matter how busy you are you’ll definitely have time to try something new, whether it’s a new recipe, a new style of clothing, or a new date night outing. Trying something different as the new year ends will broaden your mind and help you grow.