The Healing Power of Your Shower
Water invites you to endless possibilities for physical, mental, and spiritual healing and renewal. Water draws us deeper into ourselves. There is sensual, sexual freedom connected with water. Reclaim yourself with the power of water
Reclaim yourself in your morning shower and set the stage for the day. It is your time alone. It is the time in the day when you can thoroughly choose your experience. Create new practices for your shower. Challenge yourself with shower rituals and create your own rituals.
Your morning shower may be the only opportunity during the day when you have total freedom to make every single decision. Make the most of it.
Your shower is your personal sensual chapel. Enjoy it!
- Gratitude shower. Focus on being grateful for every part of your body, and for your health, your family, your home, your intelligence, your gifts, and abilities. Tell every cell of your body that you are going to take on a life of gratefulness and gratitude. Science continues to show the healing power of gratitude.
- Detox shower. Powerful emotions, including anger, fear, sadness, or anger, can be flushed away at the beginning of your day. Soap yourself up, and as the water flows over your skin, visualize your shower water carrying that particular emotion down the drain.
- Healing shower. If you have been bothered by headaches, insomnia, back pain, or GI problems, your shower is the time to allow the healing balm of water wash away your illness and restore your power and healing.
- Fragrant shower. Smell is the most powerful of our five senses. Never underestimate the power aromatherapy has to transform your mental, physical, and spiritual states. Today there is a whole new array of fragranced products for your shower. Wander the aisles of your favorite store and explore the scents that resonate with you. On days you feel lazy, tired or depressed, use invigorating citrus flavors such as lemon or orange. On mornings you wake up anxious or fearful or nervous, you might want to choose lavender, chamomile or clary sage.
- Thrill your senses. The temperature of your shower makes a world of difference in your experience. A tepid or cooler shower can wake you up and invigorate you. A very hot shower can bring comfort and ease to your day.
From the book Mindful Living Everyday by Dr. Kathleen A. Hall