Energize Your Life with Chakras
Understanding the Ancient Chakra Energy System
Understanding the chakra system has been a powerful source of healing for me throughout the years. A Taoist monk almost thirty years ago taught me about the basic building blocks of chakra energy centers living in our bodies. Many people don’t know about chakras, so I am going to attempt to explain this energic system. Knowing about the healing power of chakras and their relationship to your health can change your life.
Keeping Your Chakras Balanced
Chakra is a Sanskrit term meaning wheel or vortex. There are seven chakras, or energy centers, within the one body energy system. There are specific colors and energies associated with each of the seven energy centers in your body. When you are healthy and happy, these seven chakras are in balance, spinning with light-colored energy. Your chakras are out of balance and low in energy and color when you feel sick, stressed, or are suffering from a chronic condition.
Learning the Power of Your Seven Chakras
Seven chakras are making up your chakra energy system. I will go through each chakra beginning with your base chakra then moving up your body to your crown chakra.
Chakra 1= Base chakra= Color red
- Your base or root chakra is your connection to the earth energy or powerful, grounding energy. Your root chakra is located at the base of your spine. This chakra affects your self-esteem and security, along with other base issues in life. This chakra is your body embodies your legs, feet, hips, spine, and immune system.
Chakra 2= Sacral chakra= Color orange
- Your sacral chakra is your connection to relationships from your self to those in your life. Your sacral chakra is located from your lower abdomen to your naval. This chakra is associated with creativity, sex, power, and morality. This chakra embodies your sexual organs, kidneys, GI organs, and adrenal glands.
Chakra 3= Solar plexus chakra= Color yellow
- Your solar plexus chakra is associated with your power, self-esteem, and ego. Your solar plexus chakra is located in your solar plexus. This chakra is associated with your sensitivity, fears, and secrets. This chakra embodies your umbilicus, upper abdomen, and GI tract.
Chakra 4= Heart chakra= Color green
- Your heart chakra is the love center of your energy system. Your emotional passion, love, and, wounds are present in this chakra. The heart chakra is located over your chest area. This chakra governs your heart, circulatory system, breasts, and lungs.
Chakra 5= Throat chakra= Color blue
- Your throat chakra is home for your self expression and will power. Your throat chakra has problems when you don’t speak your truth or stuff your emotions. This chakra is over your throat area. Your throat, mouth, teeth, gums, and thyroid are governed by your throat chakra.
Chakra 6= Third eye chakra= Color purple
- Your third eye chakra is your wisdom and spiritual center. This is your connection to insight, wisdom, guidance and intuition. This chakra is at the center of your forehead. The third eye chakra connects to your brain, eyes, ears, nose, and neurological system.
Chakra 7= Crown chakra= Color white or gold
- Your crown chakra is your connection to your Divine center. This is your God source. This chakra is your opening to the universal energy that flows into your lower six chakras. This chakra connects you from the top of your brain down to your ears.