Create Your Powerful Vision Board
It’s funny how powerful vision boards can be. How many of us had good intentions as we created our New Year’s resolutions for this year? Many of us have written them down on a nice list and filed them away or taped them to the refrigerator. Because of this, the latest research shows us that 97 percent of us do not keep our resolutions.
Don’t you think an opportunity to change your life for the better with greater health and happiness deserves a little focus, fun, and creativity? Begin this year with a vision board for your life. Images have a powerful effect on our mind, thoughts, hope, energy, and behavior. Imagine while you physically look at tangible images that they will inspire you to move in a new direction.
Let’s look at how to create a Vision Board by answering these questions.
What are your goals for this new year?
- Health. Do you want to create a healthier mind and body? If so what would that look like? For example, if you want to take a yoga class, or begin to walk daily, put a photo of these things on your vision board. Do you want to be stronger or lose weight? Maybe you want to try meditating?
- Relationships. Do you want to end or create a new relationship? Or perhaps you want more friends? Do you want to create a tribe of friends that meet regularly?
- Work. How do you feel about your career? How do you feel about your co-workers or work environment? Want a change? What does that change look like? Incorporate this into your vision board also.
- Home. How does your home environment feel? Do you love your home? Does it nourish you? Are your favorite colors surrounding you along with your favorite things such as books, art, and your animals?
Where are you going to put your Vision Board?
- Office. Where you can be reminded daily.
- Bedroom. You will see your goals first thing in the morning and the last thing at night so as a result they implant in your mind.
- Kitchen. This is a public place where you can see your goals regularly and your family and friends can support you publicly on your goals.
Do it NOW! Don’t over think this or put it off. Grab your magazines, poster or grease board, and scissors and get started on your vision board now. It’s a fun practice that will transform your life!